I am pointing at the people who COMPLAIN about this. Not you guys :T
So, I just want to point out that people who whine about this subject, are completely missing the point of character balance. You can NEVER make a character perfect. Otherwise, he or she will be a mary-sue.
If the character has too many bad traits, you complain about how annoying he/she is.
Ok...I just want to get THIS piece I'm gonna writte off of my chest. I don't care what people think about Sonic, Korra, Danny etc. I don't care about that. I just want to enjoy the show. But what really bothers me about one critique a Korra fan said, is: "Korra is a selfish brat"
....Wat? :T Since when? Why? How? Are you just a Korra hater or did she do something that seems selfish? As if Aang wasn't selfish when he couldn't face the pressure of being the avatar. As ifAzula isn't selfish. Heck, as if EVERY villain in avatar isn't selfish.
I will point out why Korra hasnever been selfish in the series.
1. She rescues people from the street by defeated gangsters all by her ow while she was looking for airtemple island.
2. She joined the fireferrits without anyhting in return in order to help them win the contest.
3. She saved Bolin and Mako several times. :T
4. If you're saying she was acting selfish in episode 4, then no. She wasn't. She was SCARED DAMN IT. But she didn't want to show it since she has a lot of respinsebility. She didn't want to face Amon alone to be selfish and keep all the honor to herself, NO. She wanted to get it over with and overcome this fear. But it failed and she cried. That doesn't mean she's weak, but she's strong enough to show she IS scared. A strong charactr like her must show weaknesses.
5. Despite the fact she was jealous about Asami and Mako being together, this is her FIRST time she has delt with hormones and boys. You woul dbe disapointed too if you were her. She didn't know anything about the life of rich people since she lived out the southpole. t's new for her.
6. She claimed that Asami's father was working with the equalists and was right about that. She riskt her life in order to find out. Then she left Mako and Asami be together due to this shocking discovery.
7. A new team avatar is born! They joined forces and completely forget about there agruements. Korra stands up for innocent people and wanted to free her friends. But got kipnapped. That's pretty brave and a lot to take for oher on one day.
8. After she got back in the temple, she emmediately focuses on the invasion. NOT her personal problem.
9. Then Asami started rejecting Mako. Korra now had the chance, but SHE DIDN'T TAKE IT. She was worried and saw they were angry at each other. Even when Mako insisted on going with her to defeat Amon, she sad: You don't have to do that."
10. After the city was take over, she got very frustrated and wanted to end this shit by her own. Selfish? I think not. THE CITY IS TAKEN OVER. YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I GET FRUSTRATED BY FEAR AND DEFEAT. She hates seeing people sad and scared. She wanted to end this and bring peace back.
11. She thanked the Tarlock, the man who wanted her to do what he wants. She forgives him. Oh, how selfish~ BT
12. even after her bending got taken away and returned home, she didn't even want to LOOK at Mako, despite the fact she adors him. She was too sad to give a damn. Losing your bending is just beyond sad. :c But when she got it back, she said to him: I love you too" Then giving the bending back to Lin, who wern't really building up a friendship at first.
Seriously...IS SHE SELFISH?????? She's the goddamn avatar!
Sigh...sorry for the rant, I needed to say this. Oh yeah, I forgot about one thing. And despite that episode where they firt kiss, Korra never wanted to harm Bolin. She apologized and healed his wound. She also apologized to Mako and asked it they could still be friends. I have NOTHING agains Asami. Nothing. But I stick with Makorra because I like thse two. Jealousy is also a very painfull emotion. You can't overcome it easily.
And oh yeah...as if Sonic, Silver and Shadow arn't selfish at times. BT Sonic is the best and the fastest. He gets cocky at times. Shadow is the ultimate. So he prides himself with that. And Silver has telekenises. Awesome power. So yeah...they can be selfish too because of their abilities.
Thank you for reading.
Oh and if some of you disagree: YOU SEE THIS CUP OF CARES??? ......IT'S EMPTY!